Updated 5/22/2016 at 10:22am EST
First, let me say that I am so honored to have received so much blogger love! If I had known that my fellow bloggers were going to be this supportive, I would have started making contact with them minutes after I created this spot. That’s real talk folks!
Now that I’ve said that, I’d like to thank Nazmin from Nas-tastic for nominating me for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award. I love Nazmin’s blog and I have been following her from the start. She’s a millennial so she always has something witty, insightful and fresh to talk about. Be sure to check her out. Thanks again Nazmin!
Best believe that there are rules and here they are:
1. Display the award on your blog.
2. Announce your win with a post and link back to the nominator.
3. Present 6 deserving bloggers with the award.
4. Link your awardees in the post.
5. Write 7 interesting things about you.
So, let’s go…
Seven interesting things about me
- I have a first degree black belt in Taekwondo; my son and I did this together. Nope, I don’t still do it –so don’t even ask. But with that said, I can still do a jump front kick that will wreck your grill 🙂
- I have a B.S. degree in Political Science but I hate politics! Here’s the thing, most people think that my degree indicates that I spent four years studying politicians and elections–WRONG. Actually, I spent four years studying how the whole political process (nationally and internationally) really works. There’s a helluva difference! That’s why I know political bullshit when I hear it!
- I also have a M. Ed. in Health Education. Most of my work experience lies here and in Health Information Technology. That said, I got you! I can coach you back to health and I can teach your provider how to use his or her brand spanking new Electronic Health Record System.
- I was Homecoming Queen in high school! Stop laughing, I am not kidding you!
- I was in the first group of students at my high school to take Advanced Placement English. I was the ONLY black kid in my class for the whole two years that we did it. During that time we studied British/European and American Literature. That’s why I have a penchant for saying things like, “My poor dog Sheppy shuffled off this mortal coil.” For those of you who don’t do the Shakespeare thing that means he DIED! ROTFLMAO. By the way, George Orwell’s Animal Farm is one of my favorites– the anthem “Beasts of England” kills me! It just does!
- I am a Supersoul Sunday kinda girl so I love me some Marianne, Deepak, Eckhart and Liz Gilbert. Guys, I am a seeker; that’s why I named the blog “Seek the best.” I realize that people who don’t read the tagline may find the name off-putting; they think that I am implying that this is the best blog. Nope, that’s not at all what I am saying.
- My brother (my whole sibling) had a DNA ancestry test done and our ethnic background is so varied that it is almost laughable. Let’s just say that , like most black folks in America, I have ancestors all over Western Africa and Central/Northern Europe. Bearing this in mind, my ‘bucket list’ includes visiting every country where I had an ancestor. That means I’ll be going from Cameroon to Scandinavia! How ’bout that! Now please don’t ask me how I plan to do this; I am just going to put it out there into the Universe and see what happens!
Nominees? Ok, here’s the tricky part! I love a lot of bloggers but most of the bloggers that I follow are waaaaaaay more established than I am. That said, they have tons of followers and have probably already received this award. No matter, I am going to nominate these six guys anyway and see what happens!
By the way, I forgot to list GeoGee of the GeoGee Experience. Charge it to my head and not my heart! G is in a class all by himself kids! I am calling you out Geo because I’ve nominated you twice! Do this one so that we can learn more about you!
Thanks again Nazmin!