I am so happy to announce that seekthebestblog has been nominated for a Liebster Award for new bloggers! Yaaay!!!!
Friends, I cannot tell you how happy this makes us! With that said, let me thank my ‘Cuz’ Tony Tone Vega for nominating us!
Now, I know that you noticed that I used the word ‘Cuz.’ Well let me clarify, I started calling Tony ‘cuz’ after reading his blog. Why? Because, quite frankly, his ‘conversation’ sounds a lot like things that some of my own cousins would say. So while we are not blood; we are still ‘cousins!’
So thanks again cuz! Y’all please go check him out! He is one funny dude!
Now let’s talk about my road dog! My blood cousin, Ron! What can I say? If you have been here before then you, no doubt, have read his work. That said, he is the truth and we share this award.
To that end, we decided that he would do a separate post to address all of the same questions that I am about to address in just about two seconds! I already did the hard part by selecting and linking to the nominees! Ron will thank me for that I’m sure!
So here goes!
Liebster Award Rules
1) Thank the blog who nominated you and link back to them.
2) Make a blog post telling 11 facts about you,
3) Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you, and
4) Prepare 11 questions for those you will nominate.
5) Nominate 11 new bloggers (those who have less than 200 followers) by commenting in one of their blog posts.
Eleven Facts About Me
- I am young at heart and quite family-oriented.
- Although, I am a Black girl who was raised in the South, I see myself as a global citizen. When I was young, an older woman said that I was an indigo child—I know, go google it!
- I am a mother and I love and adore my children.
- I am an avid reader and I am a huge advocate for innovative children’s educational programs and efforts.
- I love music; I cannot sufficiently express how much!
- I love good food and drink.
- I like to cook and share my dishes with others.
- I love to laugh and I mean long, loud and often!
- I am a seeker of the best that life has to offer.
- I’ve always been spiritually aware and connected to God.
- I always want people to feel better about things after spending time with me.
Eleven Questions Asked of Me
Who are you? (in one sentence?)
I am that slightly off-beat girl that distracted the hell out of you in math class!
What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
I am an extroverted introvert!
If given a chance to be invisible, what would you do?
I need clarification, would I be able to walk through walls too?
What is happiness to you?
I am always perfectly content alone but I am most happy when I am spending time with family and friends. Nothing in the material world can touch those experiences.
Your inspiration, and why so?
I am inspired by the seen as well as the unseen.
What is your biggest achievement in life so far?
My two beautiful children!
If you could start over, what would you change?
Not a damn thang.
If given a chance to go on a date with a celebrity, who would that be?
Oprah, I’m just sayin’!
Are you happy with your life till now?
Yes, because I know that it is unfolding exactly as it should.
Your favorite song?
What? I wouldn’t know where to start? I blog quite a bit about music so my favorite songs are EVER-Y-WHERE in my posts!
What comes first, the egg or the chicken? Explain the reason.
Which came first? I would venture to say a hen AND a rooster came first! Don’t question the LORD! His ways are not our ways 🙂
Ok, so here are my nominees for this award. Bare in mind that the rules require that the blog has less than 200 followers. Well, I am not about to get into the number of followers that a blog has but I am selecting blogs I follow that I think are young like we are. God knows they might not accept but I am nominating them anyway.
Also I am doing ping-backs because it is easier.
Nominees, here are your questions:
- What made you decide to blog?
- Do you have any special causes that you are passionate about? Tell us about one.
- What is your favorite movie and why?
- What’s your favorite way to spend leisure time?
- What’s the most interesting place you have ever visited?
- Where in the world do you want to go?
- What three things are you most grateful for?
- Are the words ‘blogger’ and ‘writer’ interchangeable?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
- Is there anything that you would like to accomplish that you haven’t so far?
- What should everybody know about you?
Thanks for reading guys and Thanks again Tony Tone Vega!