The MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award was created at the MakeItUltra blog and I feel so blessed that Lisa and Lennon, both of whom are established bloggers, were kind enough to remember me for this wonderful honor . If you haven’t already, I would encourage you to check them out. Both of these chicks are real firecrackers! So if you like me, you’ll love them 🙂
ABOUT THE AWARD:
The MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers for quality content, originality and presentation. The intention of this award is to encourage connectivity and support in the blogging community and to increase exposure for individual bloggers.
If you have been nominated for the MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award and choose to accept, write a blog post about the MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog. Take a moment to positively promote the person who nominated you.
- Display the award on your blog by adding it to your post and/or displaying it using a widget on your page (Save the image to your computer and upload it to your blog post). Don’t forget to use the tag #MyUltraAward when you make your post!
- Answer the following MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award questions.
What is your name? Gwin, aka ‘Lady G’
Where are you from? Augusta, Georgia- Good Gawd YAAASSS! Home of The Godfather of Soul, James Brown y’all!
By the way, golfers know Augusta as the home of The Masters.
How long have you been blogging and why did you start? I’ve been seriously blogging for about 7 months. I tried it in 2008 but failed miserably. I decided to start because I’m getting older and I don’t want to leave this realm without sharing my stories; I’m hoping to leave something of myself for my children and their children and so on and so forth….
What are you most proud of? My son and daughter.
What are your blogging goals? To create a welcoming environment for folks to come, sit back, pontificate, shoot the breeze, kick a little game, learn a little something, teach a little something, share a little something, party a little bit and just vibe.
How do you spend your free time? I like to daydream.
Nominate 1-8 blogs that you feel deserve the award and provide links.
I’ve learned that a lot of bloggers shy away from awards so, like my dear T. Wayne, I will pass on this one. If you wish to participate, just help yourself. Make sure you follow the rules though!
Did I just commit plagiarism with that last sentence? HA!
Provide 5 random facts about yourself (optional):
- I once dated Ernie from Sesame Street; you can read all about that and more here
- I used to do some modeling.
- In my Senior year of college, I won the Tom Herndon Award for Excellence in Political Science.
- I was narrator of “Little Red Riding Hood” in the 3rd grade Spring Play. Afterwards, I had an old dude walk up to me and say, “Lil gul you sounded jus’ like one of them folks on the radio.” HA!
- I am the daughter of a former dancer on a local teen dance show. Now you know why I love music so much 😉 YAAASSS, Ms. Eva was the Queen of Swing! Rest in peace Ma! I love you ❤
Thanks again Lisa and Lennon!
And thanks to you for reading and/or participating.
Lady G. ❤