Ok ladies, you know I love you but this one is for the fellas!
Because I feel strongly that more men need to learn how to cook real good food!
No more ‘getting by’ meals.
No more ‘struggle bus’ meals.
No more scrambled eggs…
OR noodles for dinner!
No more of that!
Lady G got you!
Today, I am offering a simple, inexpensive and unassuming dish that does not require too much effort.
Here’s what you need:
- A package of boneless, skinless chicken cutlets (season them to your liking)
- A bottle of Italian Salad Dressing (Most any brand will do)- You won’t need the whole bottle! Just eyeball it 🙂
- 1 chopped tomato
- Canola Oil (about a Tbsp per each cutlet)
- Non-stick spray
- Set the oven to 350 degrees
- Saturate the bottom of a deep baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Coat your cutlets with the canola oil and place them in the dish (It’s okay if they overlap a little)
- Pour on Italian Salad Dressing
- Place chopped tomatoes on top
- Cover the dish
- Put the dish in the oven
- Bake for 30 minutes
Here’s how it’ll look before cooking:
Don’t move because we’re not finished.
I’d like to challenge you to make a quick bowl of rustic mashed potatoes.
This is a simple dish so you can stop visualizing yourself in a military mess hall peeling bags of potatoes!
For today, all you need to do is take two large potatoes, cut them into medium sized cubes (I keep the peels on) and boil them until tender–use a fork to check for doneness.
Once the potatoes are done and drained, put them in bowl then add salt to taste, about 2 tablespoons of butter and 3/4 cup of whipping cream (Regular milk works too).
I’ve found that you should start with a minimal amount of cream then add more if your potatoes appear to be too dry looking.
Fellas, these potatoes are not pretty but they are delicious and they will, as the old folks say, fill a crack!
OK, to round this little culinary experiment out, employ your microwave to prepare some frozen broccoli.
We did NOT do the broccoli ’cause we were too hungry to wait.
Here’s the final product:
Hey, let me know if you tried this dish. I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Love and light to the ladies and the fellas!
Lady G 😘💋