“A Family Conversation” is a storytelling audio series that features weekly discussions between blogging cousins LadyG and Ron Brown on current events along with favorite posts from each other’s blog.
In today’s audio, the cousins are talking about “The Godfather of Soul,” Little LadyG–the 3-year-old militant, 😂 Don Cheadle and Taraji P. Henson.
We’re also talking about names:
- Nuances in our dialect and how some names were never meant to be written down
- Spell it!
- Nicknames vs. Government Names
- Names with punctuation marks
- Names that sound Greco-Roman and other creative name combinations
- Our eldest sons didn’t escape the “name game”
- Your Mother’s, Mother’s maiden name
- NOTE: There’s an old saying in Georgia: In Atlanta, folks ask, “What’s your line of business?” In Macon, folks ask, “What church do you attend?” In Augusta, folks ask, “What’s your mother’s, mother’s name?” In Savannah, they wanna know what you drinkin’😂
Look out for the next episode:
A Family Conversation: Do Your Dance! on Friday, March 19, 2021.