“A Family Conversation” is a storytelling audio series that features weekly discussions between blogging cousins LadyG and Ron Brown on current events along with favorite posts from each other’s blog.
Today, the cousins are talking about:
- Colloquialisms/dialects and a man called “Rona Brown”
- Where to start helping our community because it’s all just too much.
- Give up! Or is that the plan?
- Passing the baton to younger generations… Do they want it?
- Gen Z, born digital natives; how does this impact their interests and ability to organize politically?
- Curating a personal media and entertainment reality
- The word “woke” and how right wing media co-opts and denigrate terms from the black community
- Being asked to define sexual and/or racial harassment with academic precision
- Ron, aka, “Rona” proffers a parable on deer tracking that parallels the ability to detect sexism/racism based on lived experience
I Cannot Define It by Ron Brown
Tune in Friday, April 23, 2021 for the next installment of A Family Conversation